View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 07:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
NikNox

I am SOOO mad right now!!

Hi all,

Gosh I'm so mad right now, with SD's mother. I really really want to text her and say horrible things, but I wont. She let SD down again at the weekend, failing to turn up for a promised visit (she was 'ill' apparently, but not too ill to have SD's half sibling over). She actually spoke to my husband on Friday evening, to say she wouldn't be over cos she had no money. He approached SD's difficulties with her and told her SD was having counselling. She said 'what on earth is she having counselling for?' and my husband told her it was because of her and her 'disease', and how it's affected SD. She tried to deny there were any issues, until he pointed out that SD wouldn't have left her if there weren't. Then she admitted to having 'had' problems in the past, but now she was getting her life together. He said 'so you're teetotal then are you?' which she declined to answer, one way or the other. He told her she had a lot to answer for, that their daughter's difficulties were down to her and SD's life with her. She told him he was talking 'rubbish', but she's not gonna admit anything is she?

SD has had a very innocent boyfriend since Christmas. Lovely boy, very sweet. Anyway, today he dumped her and she's been in bits bless her. She said it's because he finds her too intense sometimes, that he can't understand her emotions. She said she does cry in front of him sometimes, because of what her mum's done to her over the years, and because of how her mum treats her now (not visiting or phoning her regularly) and she said he finds it difficult to understand her, but that she cannot help how she is. She blames her mum, and I have to say so do I. I know she's only 13, but are relationships going to be difficult for her in the future because she has so many issues? She won't be seeing her school counsellor for 2 weeks because of the Easter holidays either, which probably doesn't help. I just am so worried that her mother's alcoholism will affect her life always, and will affect her relationships, and that is SO not fair