Thread: June's Dad..
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2002, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

June's Dad..

Hi guys..

My Dad is up from TN visiting...he has about 25 years in AA and has the same sick sense of humor we all have so it is fun when he comes. We were talking about all those affected by the family disease of alcoholism and he said there should be cat anon and dog anon too!

We are going together to an open AA meeting either Sat nite or Sun morning...kinda cool huh? Now THAT is sick!! LOL! A little father daughter gettagether at an AA meetin'...

After all these years he is still very active, going to 2-3 meetings a week, but he lets the younger "old timers" do the sponsoring and such.

I have shared a little with him about you all. He is one of the first ones to notice when I am getting off track and he tells me and I don't listen...never did listen to my parents. Why start now!

And he is happy that I am back going to meetings...and he found my new AARP magazine (that I never asked for) and can't believe he has a daughter who turned 50! He is 75 and on NO maintainance meds...he is very healthy and fit

So I thought I would share a lttle about the first man I ever loved. An alcoholic!!!

Hugs,
JT