Thread: QUACKERs....
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 09:02 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
LoveAllGone

Let's see, most have already been covered but mine loved to throw out these...and they worked for a long time.

"I can't do this own my on, I need your support or I'll never be able to do it" (Never remained sober with or without me and I was always the first one he turned on)
"You and James (his son) are my sobriety and as long as I have the both of you, I can beat this thing"
"What do I have to live for if I can't be with you and my son? I think I'm just going to check out and end it all" (Go ahead--I could probably handle that better)
"Tell me what doctor, therapist, rehab, medicine or just what I need to do to fix this thing..."(And when it come down to it, he would never get any kind of help because it costs too much)
"I'm tired of people telling me what to do, last time I checked I was grown and didn't need anyone's permission to drink" (Nope, you sure don't--go right ahead but we won't stick around to watch you do it)
"You just need to learn to forgive and forget because you hold a resentment towards alcohol and it is really not that big a deal"
"If you would just let me drink at home then I wouldn't feel like I had to go to bars and not come home for days at a time so you can just blame yourself for all of your sleepless nights"

Oh my!! The more I sit here and think of these...the angrier I get...but then it's also kind of funny. Who would have thought I would believe this crap?