View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
EveningRose

Originally Posted by Willybluedog View Post
Rose,

The thing that I like about this site is that we have all walked in the same shoes, shoes that hurt, that have glass in them, how can those who have not been through it even begin to understand. I don't have to burden people who do not have a clue how to respond.
Is it just as well in some cases, then, to isolate ourselves a little? To not burden others? Not that I've ever thought I should go out of my way to dump it all, but in a sense, it would be a relief to feel that it's really 'okay' to withdraw a little at times.

So when it gets tough this is the place to come, to rant, to rage, to ask for hugs and prayers.
Please do pray for all of this. I'm struggling with my faith, among other things...not doubting, but feeling that there's little point in anything if the 'good Christians' treated me like this while those who profess very different beliefs actually behaved in a more Christian manner. I'm considering turning to this very different group of people, where I will be tempted even more to stray from my deep beliefs, because I see them as welcoming and supportive in his life, and want that in mine.

Kialua and David, I have learned that you take love and support where you can get it, I reached outside my family long ago when people saw what was happening to me and turned a blind eye.

I created my own family, I chose my aunts and uncles and cousins, and today as a 50 year old man I make sure when I see someone who needs a family or a friend that they are welcome in my life, in my families life.

We adopt strays, animals and people, it does not matter, we offer food, water, shelter, comfort, and love. I tell people, stop by for a meal or a hug.
This is another part of my frustration. One of my qualms about this new relationship is that he has a wide social network, while I have few friends. I feel I now have to go out and meet new people to avoid becoming dependent or clingy or needy.

I know the easy answer is to simply go get involved in things and meet new people. The problem is time. Between work, kids, home, and the one hobby/social event I already do each week (which is a relatively small group and where I know him from), there's almost no time left to go out and meet new people. Although after a good night's sleep, my mind is already working around that problem.

Or maybe the answer is to remember that I've always been perfectly content being at home with my kids doing my own thing here anyway, so why do I have to change that and suddenly be out with friends just because he is?