View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Willybluedog

Rose,

A big reason this place is so popular with so many people is that we can share here in safety, I can truly say, very very few people I know can even begin to understand my life and what I have been through.

The thing that I like about this site is that we have all walked in the same shoes, shoes that hurt, that have glass in them, how can those who have not been through it even begin to understand. I don't have to burden people who do not have a clue how to respond.

Even my wife, as wonderful as she is, gets tired of listening, because she cannot help, she has no answers, she has empathy, but she is so glad that I can talk to people who "get it".

So when it gets tough this is the place to come, to rant, to rage, to ask for hugs and prayers.

Kialua and David, I have learned that you take love and support where you can get it, I reached outside my family long ago when people saw what was happening to me and turned a blind eye.

I created my own family, I chose my aunts and uncles and cousins, and today as a 50 year old man I make sure when I see someone who needs a family or a friend that they are welcome in my life, in my families life.

We adopt strays, animals and people, it does not matter, we offer food, water, shelter, comfort, and love. I tell people, stop by for a meal or a hug.

My wife was the school nurse in our area for 5 years, all these kids are her kids, she went to bat for them when no one else would, she loves them all, we are truly blessed to have hundreds of children who feel they can come to us if they need help.

Take love from where it comes, ignore it from where it does not. You cannot change them, you can only find another path.

Always remember, this is your home and your family, people understand you here.

Hope it all works out for you,

You need yo talk, I will be here to listen,

Big hugs,

Bill