Old 03-31-2012, 09:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Originally Posted by naive View Post
here's a quote fromyour first post, you had a conversation with an elderly man who you didn't know...again, you felt it was a message from god...
Oh my goodness... I just remembered another incident in my own life that happened over 24 years ago with my FIRST xah who I discovered was using cocaine with the woman he had been having an affair with for over a year!

I kicked him to the curb and he begged me constantly to take him back and one day he called me and told me that he had experienced a direct visitation from Jesus himself in a motel room while his girlfriend slept next to him.

It was quite detailed but the gist was that God would restore his marriage and his family to him if he would give up the girlfriend and the dope. His answer was "YES LORD"!!!!!!

So he wanted to know when he could move his stuff back in and I told him that if God could work in a complete visitation for him in his busy schedule he was going to have to give me some peace and direction before I commited to anything personally.

Anyway... we visited a christian couples counselor and 3 hours later they closed the session between us and we went our seperate ways. The next week I found out he and his girlfriend were in the Florida Keys scoring a bunch of cocaine.

So... to this day that EX still tells people he had a visitation from God but he gets really murky on what happened after that.

In the Bible Lazarus begs God to send someone to warn his loved ones about Hell but is told they would no listen...

so... I was much younger then and I agonized about God asking me to take that cheating no goodnick back and would I have been willing????? Being a BAD codie I might have been sucke in again but I knew from the cocaine incident that I was RELEASED from that marriage and divorced him!

Did Jesus visit him so I would stop trying to fix him???? I don't know... but I didn't rescue another man for 20 years and then ... I relapsed. My second x is in Vegas right this minute. See a pattern?

Who is talking ... what voices are we hearing? That is why we don't look at words anymore... talk is talk.

Action... action... action... do some fruit checking!!!!!

Time reveals all and why do we get so hurried by our A's????

Enough of my venting... it is therapeutic for me and if it helps one person stand strong and WAIT to see their A stand strong and do the hard work and stay commited to real recovery it makes my hard headed mistakes have some meaning in a life lesson shared.