Old 03-30-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
blwninthewind

I want everyone to know...I'm the one that always says....go, run for your life...when we get a newbie w/ a short time in the relationship. I am NOT saying...okay just pray. love your spouse ...and forgive...and everything will be all glitter and rainbows.

I'm just telling you what happened to ME. In my situation...and while I know it's a longshot...even in recovery it's hard....I was praying for answer. I was asking for help...and while to some it was just a random call...to me it was Grace.
and I'm not going to walk away and just chalk it up to coincidence. Because it wasn't...
I don't know where we go from here but I know that if he's willing to do his work, and I'm willing to do mine...we can be happy together. I know that because I heard it...when I asked and prayed....

I do not want ANYONE to say...omg it worked for her...let me stay w/ my still active A who beats me and terrorizes my kids daily...I'll just pray. NO. That is not it. I still say run like hell. Find safety...then pray.

I shared not so I could hear everyone tell me I'm nuts. That people can't change. That we can't be happy and our A don't deserve happiness...

I shared because ..I believe people CAN change. We did. None of us were born codies! We gradually changed into the sick little puppies we are..and with some work...and a program we can change. I believe if we can change, so can they!

I want a good life. I want peace and love. I, more than anything want my husband to be the man I know he CAN be and was meant to be. There is no sin in praying for that, hopeing for that...or for believing it CAN happen.
I for one am not so much of a control freak that I am going to ignore the answer to my prayer.