View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mark75

Prayer and Gratitude

As I continue to grow in my new found spirituality in AA, I have reaped many benefits. I have brought prayer into my life into places that I would have never thought that prayer had a place.

I had a performance of sorts this morning. I was nervous and have been practicing endlessly for this event. I am not a professional and I was definitely outside my comfort zone....Before I went on, I found the musician's prayer on the internet ... I know many of you play some kind of music :

Not only did it help set my mind at ease, and give me confidence... it did something I didn't expect or even ask for.... When I was done and it all went pretty well... I felt an amazing sense of... Gratitude. Yea, Grateful for my higher power and His gifts.

Wow.

Something similar happened last month when I was on a ski trip with my best friend. I was a little nervous about my ability that day and the conditions, I prayed for the confidence and willingness to go out and ski like I know I can... We had one of the best days on skis, ever, and we've had many.

AA has definitely taught me how to pray, what to pray for and why, but I am frequently amazed at the POWER and gratitude it brings into my life.

I just thought I'd share that. Hope it doesn't sound too....well, religious.