Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gurlie214

Now what?

Please don't slam me for this, I just want your thoughts. My husband just got out of rehab Friday for cocaine addiction. He went right back to work on Monday and has been hard at it since Monday. He owns a company (with a partner) and is a really hard worker. His job can be stressful, which worries me....but I know it shouldn't because I have no control over that. They are developers and do site work on properties prior to new neighborhood developments (curb and gutter, pipelines, excavation, etc). He has not gone to a single meeting since he got home. We are going to a Celebrate Recovery meeting together tonight. There is not an NA here, but we do have an AA group and he has been a couple of times but isn't wild about it. He said it was "F this, F that, GD, I want to use" a real downer.

We are attending marriage counseling, church, and he does a men's bible study on Saturday mornings. Celebrate Recovery is like AA, but more faith based and typically associated with a church. My concern is.....even with all of these activites, other than tonight's meeting, none of it is specifically focused towards his recovery. Know what I mean? Is that setting him up for failure? Also, Spring Break begins this weekend and we are out all next week. My Aunt and I were invited by a dear girlfriend to come to the beach (she lives on the beach) with the kids to stay for a couple of nights next week. Would I be wrong for leaving AH alone for 2 nights this soon after rehab or is it raging codie for me to even think this way? In other words, by going would I be not supportive and/or by staying would i be trying to control the situation. Clearly if he wants to use he will do it whether I am around or not.....but is leaving him alone for 2 days asking for trouble? Please don't attack me....just tell me your thoughts, experiences, suggestions as I am sincerely asking for feedback. Not sure what I need to do here.