View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bailey17

i have been feeling that way too. i wrote a long letter to my ex, which i may or may not give to him, but it just helped put things in perspective. he was my best friend for three years, we did everything together. but its the fantasy, the delusion that i miss. like the wonderful day we spent in disney world together, when he couldn't stop telling me how happy he was, how much he loved me, and wanted to get on top of a mountain and profess his love to me. later that night i couldn't find him- he was passed out drunk by the hotel pool.

its the fantasy that i miss. all those happy times, were actually laced with his drunkeness. i can't think of a single memory that wasn't preceded with, or followed by, a drunken nightmare.

ive been thinking about the good too, a lot lately. but i remember the times where i felt empowerment, and i know those feelings will return.

sounds like you've been doing a great job at reconnecting with old friends and seeing the positive in your life without him. hold on to that!