View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SeekingGrowth

The Pink Cloud is Dissipating

I was so pumped up and excited about this great, rigorous SLE that my AS went into on Tuesday. Feeling REALLY HOPEFUL that this would provide a basis for recovery. Well, the "pink cloud" is dissipating. I talked to him yesterday evening, and he was "in a funk," he said. I offered all kinds of encouraging words about the benefits of recovery, and he sounded luke-warm about the whole thing. I observed that his demeanor told me that he wants to use and he didn't deny it. The SLE drug-tested him on Tuesday night, and he was "clean as a whistle;" he undoubtedly thinks he now has some time before the next "random" test. I sent him an upbeat, "rah, rah" text message this morning and received no response. I'm not going to reach out again -- I'll wait for him to contact me, let him keep settling into his new life. To be frank, I'm worried that he may have used yesterday, and if not, that he will use today. And that of course would be a disaster. They will throw him out, and I won't let him come here, and he'll be back to being homeless, no money, no food, etc., etc. Argh!!!