View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:07 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Hopeworks

Originally Posted by Katiekate View Post

I always wished when I was a child that my mother would take me out of there, she never did. Everything about me would be different I am sure. I am not trying to put more guilt on you, what I wrote is straight up how I feel, and I wouldn't trade my life for any other one, children deserve peace, not the chaos and terror of a father who can't get a hold of his life.

But with a Mom like you, they can't go wrong , I mean that!!! I never once heard my mother say she was worried about how it was affecting myself and my bothers, thanks for saying it . The kid inside me loved it

:ghug3
I used to BEG my mother to take us away from the insanity of our abusive, mean alcoholic father but she was emeshed and totally codependent and he threatened to burn the house down and kill us all.

All of my siblings are bearing the scars of being ACOA and all made poor choices in choosing mates including myself.

My brother, the only boy, was the most damaged as he was the youngest and alcoholism is progressive...what he suffered is unbelievable. He became a very bad alcoholic himself and still struggles with the disease although is doing pretty well right now.

Get the kids out! Legal seperation and divorce are powerful forces... you get out of the insanity and dad gets a chance to work on himself without you being used or a crutch.

What is wrong with a year seperation? See if he really gets into counseling, real recovery and where he is in a year. You can always reconcile and even remarry if you choose to divorce... if it is meant to be it will.

I hated the egg shells... waiting for the shoe to drop... looking for "signs" of drinking, wanting to "run" the recovery program... no... take a year vacation and let him sort it all out on his lonesome.

Wish I had done that 4 years ago instead of riding the alcoholic crazy train that just goes around the same track over and over and over again always to same exact station... Boozeville.