Thread: Moving On
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Erynn

Moving On

Just wanted to share some stuff that's been going on. Had an incident with my XABF yesterday, and it confirmed that walking away was the best decision I could have ever made for me. The last time we spoke was Feb 26th, and it was one of those long emails from him. He's great with the emails, and words. But that's all it is.. just words. Haven't heard a peep from him since, ran into him on the street one day, and ran the other way. Way he went out of his way yesterday to advertise that he had acquired a 'new victim'. After blowing hot air about working on himself, finding himself, didn't want a relationship and was unable to commit. Yet still in denial that he's in active addiction. If you read my other post, he says he's magically 'cured'. However, his DOC run deep.. women, heroin, coke, alcohol, steriods - you name it. His Facebook has been deactivated since we reconnected back in Dec. He went out of his way to reactivate it, post a photo of his new gf, and make only his relationship status public. I felt sick. Not even because of the situation = but because I cannot believe I loved this person, and believed in him. He's become so ugly to me, and literally makes me sick. He advertised it. So I went thru our mutual friends, and just either deleted or requested that my friends please remove him. I do not want him keeping any tabs on me and vice versa. He sent me a message, being a jerk. Then deletes his FB so I can't reply. I wake up this morning too, AN EMAIL. Now it's the crazy making, or Jekyll & Hyde. He loves me, he'll always love me, please, he needs me to look down inside and find a way to be his friend.. on and on and on. Are they for real sometimes?! I deleted my email account, and created a new one. Blocked his email on FB in case he reactivates it. He doesn't have my number anymore, and I've removed as many connections as I possibly can. I even called my landlord and got out of my lease for June 1st. Moving. Ready for a fresh start.

Now my question is.. any advice, other then staying busy, to keep your thoughts from straying towards them? I'm so disgusted that someone could treat people this way. He's done it to all his family and now me. I don't think he'll ever change. He's now in his 3rd relationship, no recovery what so ever, actively using - and well the saying goes 'nothing changes if nothing changes'.

Thanks for letting me spill