View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
stillsleeping

Originally Posted by InsertNameHere View Post
My bad I did some reading apparently they have changed a few things since I was in grade school, I guess now he is just credited with proving that lightining is/was electricity and the "discovery" that electricity exsists took place well before that. I can't view the edison link because I don't have access to youtube at work but there is nothing about him "discovering" electricity on his wikipedia page. Just his inventions which were made well after electricty had been harnesed adn was being used.

Man, Insert, they blocked youtube? Bummer. Kudos for totally hanging out on SR for hours instead and givin it to the man!

And thanks for such a sincere reply - the "film clip" was actually a link to a Family Guy episode (you're American, right?) showing Edison yelling at his neighbour and bragging that he's the only person on the block with a nice bright house and cable TV. Then goes back inside and heavy metal music blares out across the street. Genius.

But possibly not historically accurate - I'd stick to what your teachers told you

xx