View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
faithfully

I used to not like being alone a long long time ago but now I really love it. one of the things I did was journaling. I also started to write articles for a newspaper, and got to go to plays and galleries and write reviews, it got me out and writing, really good for me. Also working the 12 steps can help, with a workbook. Meditating can also help, and hobbies. There is no simple one way to deal with lonliness I think there are lots of ways and everyone is different but keeping busy is really good, and I hear exercise helps too! (LOL that's one I really need to try)....I walk with my dog a lot. Having a pal like my dog has helped immensely. One of the gentlemen who walks along the dyke near where I live has adopted rescue dogs, he told me that if it weren't for his dogs, he's not sure how he would have gotten through the passing of his wife. There are also lots of meetup groups you can find out about in your area online, there are hiking groups, hobby groups even groups for geeks like me! Try exploring and I'm sure you'll find something you like. Once you get into the swing of being alone it will get a lot better.