View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Heartbroken0608

Jolinda, I am so sorry you are going through this. You are obviously a very loving, caring person to have taken on the responsibility for so many children over the years. I hope your grandchildren are doing well.

It gets a little slow here at night, but I know others will be along soon with good advice.

I do know the havoc drugs bring to your life. Whether its a husband, son, or both, the outcome is the same. Your life becomes unmanageable. Have you ever considered finding a narAnon/alanon/families anonymous meeting? I was really scared to go to my first meeting but it's absolutely the best thing I've ever done for myself. The people there truly understand what you're dealing with and will be able to help you get better.

What I can tell from your post is that you are a strong woman. You raised your children on your own and I know you can raise jake on your own as well. You said you "finally caught him" but its not clear what you caught him doing. Is he abusing drugs? If he is it's good that he's no longer there. Jake deserves to be raised in a home without drug addiction. It's never good for a child to be around an active drug user. I'm here because of my son and the biggest thing that makes me 100% committed to not allowing him back in my home is that I know his "issues" are not something I want my younger daughter to have to deal with. She deserves a happy, healthy childhood just like Jake does.

I can tell you are incredibly sad. All I can suggest is to know you are going to be ok. Stick around here, read all the stickeys at the top of the forum, find a meeting to attend, and be the best mom you can be for Jake.

We're all here for you! ((hugs))