View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 06:31 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RECF

Good morning guys! I spent ALL of yesterday on personal discovery. Like I mentioned before, I have some books I am using to help me with my recovery. Most of it is simply replacing habits I developed to protect me in my marriage and - I'm guessing - my childhood. Because even as I think about it. My husband WAS verbally abusive, but it was MY FATHER who would actually physically beat me, though having moved out at 17, thought I was safe. I coasted on Anger to get me through most situations.
Funny story: I like to write fiction (and I STILL might make it to be a professional writer someday ).
Anyway, I wrote a truly MESSED up story when we were still dating about an experience we had. And when I say MESSED up, I really mean it. We had been up all night drinking and doing coke (yes, I still did those things in the beginning) until he confessed to me he'd been in prison for attempting to kill a prostitute. No, this REALLY happened.
I had never been more scared in my life.
I wonder what he musta said the next day to convince me otherwise because about five months after this night (and story) I moved in wiht him, a year later, married.
Makes you ask: "If I could turn back time?"