View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 02:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
helpme33

I've been there too and I thought all of the pain was over. After being clean and sober for one year he relasped and I didn't find out for many months. I was giving him money to finish the semester and they were using it to party.

This time hit me hard, it threw me back into a depression and for months I have been feeling weepy.

BUT I am so very ticked off and embarrassed by his actions. I had to call the police to get the gf to stop harraassing me.

I have no idea where he really is. He stupidly quit his job a year ago to go to school full time (33yo) and gf (37yo) doesn't work so she had plenty of time to harrass all of his friends and drink and pop pain pills all day.

Not her fault that she went along with him in the conn to get money. I'm retired and so very sick, sick, sick, of him and his relationships.

I usually send a nice check for Christmas and his birthday and that is coming up so I am certain I will hear from him around that time. Not this time, he never acknowledges my birthday and for Christmas he sent a ecard about 9 days after.

The advice I was given is to treat him exactly as you would a friend, and I would never be friends with someone that treats me the way he does. I'm tired of no respect.

If anyone had told me that I would have a child like him I never would have had children. But then again I have a loving family other than him!!!

Stay positive and busy! I imagine me actually giving him to God each day, and I pray morning and evening for strength. I also remember and thank God for the positives I have in my life.

Be prepared for the call asking for money and the drama when you refuse! It can drive you crazy if you dwell on it too long!!! Just remember it is their life and we have one too!
(((blessings to you and yours)))