Thread: i was arrested
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Do we have a cheerleading emoticon? I'm jumping up and down over here.
We do indeed!

WTBH, my heart goes out to you... What a rotten thing to happen, and you absolutely did not deserve that treatment, nor did you do anything besides what you felt was best. It is not your fault, and I'm glad your lawyer is going after them for this.

I also like Laurie's suggestion of calling the local state police and dealing directly through them from now on. Police aren't perfect and are not immune from making mistakes - that said this one is completely out of line, and remind me that some people select jobs with positions in authority simply because they are insecure and make themselves feel better by using that authority to drive others into the ground.

Hang in there. You are doing okay, you are doing what you feel is the right thing, and that is everything. It sounds like you've got things moving in your favor now, weighing your choices for long-term decisions so you don't jump into a worse place, but at the same time jumping on the short-term requirements to keep yourself and your children safe.
:ghug3