Old 03-22-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
6palms

Just finished the book....

Hey everyone...on day 5 of not drinking (I know I don't need to count because never is never, but it's still exciting to think about). I just finished reading RR - the new cure...great depth, more than just the website "quick start" points. Make sure you read chapter 19, although it says it's for Professionals in the post-treatment era, it gives a full dialogue of a first session with someone being introduced to AVRT...very powerful stuff! I know I shouldn't be surprised about the ease to which you can stop drinking, but I am. I know it's early but I have had few thoughts or av moments (did have one last night , talked about it on another post). I knew that I had the power to control my actions last month when I was out of town with my daughters team and didn't want to be seen drinking by the other parents and girls...so I didn't drink for 5 days...just that easy. Of course I celebrated my newfound control by drinking as much as ever for the next 2 weeks, then wrapped my brain around AVRT, started to recognize the beast and have never been happier! Read the book! Work it out in your head..it is very "RATIONAL"