Old 03-22-2012, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
gurlie214

Update: The weekend went by in a total flash.....in fact, my head is still spinning. Basically we barely got a minute together as we were covered up with family and children, understandably so. I know I'm not the only one who missed him, everybody just wanted to see him too, etc. Anyway, so he comes back for good tomorrow. I just can't figure out what I'm going to do?? I mean, I told him on the way back on Sunday (I drove him back and it really was the only chance we had to talk) that I couldn't and wouldnt promise him anything, including a place to stay (even though it is our home). He said he understands completely where I am coming from and is 100% committed to proving himself to me, whatever that takes. So, I am just trying to figure out where to draw a line in the sand. I don't want to hinder his recovery in any way and told him he needs to be 100% committed to that, not to proving himself to me. Is that wrong? Am I not being supportive enough? Have any of you been through this? Any advice?