View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Unhappy Not All Of Them Make It

For some reason, I received a death notice tonight regarding of my AXGF's friends in NA. He died of an overdose yesterday. He was only 25 or 26.

My AXGF and I were apart for some time in October and November. It was this person that read her the riot act regarding her behavior towards me. He called her out on her baloney, and when she wanted to reconcile, she told me he encouraged her to do so. He didn't understand that she is Borderline. He was hospitalized over the holidays after picking up. He wasn't doing well, and obviously after my AXGF and I broke up, I haven't received updates as to how he was doing.

I don't think it matters how much work we do to become healthier people when we're touched by a loved one's addiction. I don't think anything can prepare us for when someone we either know or love dies so young. On the one hand, he's now with God, and his pain is no more. But what of those he left behind? What of his father? His family? His friends?

Maybe the lesson is we never know what's around the corner, and that we should always appreciate who we have in our lives.

When I say my prayers at night, I pray for everyone on the board, especially the newcomers that find us and are in a lot of pain. Tonight, I'm going to pray for my AXGF's friend, his family, and for my AXGF. I've realized that although I want nothing to do with her ever again, if she was gone tomorrow, it would affect me quite a lot. It would be devastating.

Please say a prayer for him tonight.

ZoSo