View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nahade

Question How do I know this is the last time?

I be married 3 years this coming May. It's been a rocky ride being married to an acholic. At first it was just all the time drinking then running off not holding a job til back and forth to jail. Back in 2010 he finially went into rehab after is drinking got him into cheating and being abusive to jail. After rehab he done good for about 3 months started missing meetings til he fell back off the wagon. he stay off a month or two and get back up and 3 months later fall back off. during this time he didn't cheat and was on verbal abusive. when he reach a year of that he feel off hard and went back to cheating couldn't keep job to the piont i ran him off. But while I wan't home he return and took off in my truck that I had removed the fuses hoping he wouldn't figure it out but i was wrong he put tenfoil in the fuse box and took off. when i recieved a call that the truck wasn't home. i called and reported it but by the time the law found him he'd done hit a parked car and left the seen. so he went back to jail repeating most of the charges he had the year before. they gave him 8 months total but gettin out in 6 due to working while there. so far he's been in 3 months. i've been getting myself together and trying to decide what is next in my life. his family tells him it's my fault he's stays in jail all the time and i'm the reason he's there now. when he told me that i snapped and told him my thoughts and that is why he gets no better cause of them bringing him back down. he's angry with me cause i wont leave money cause i don't write him all i do is see him once a week praying to see a change. when he told me he be out early and it is on our 3 yrs i should be happy but i was more like o no he's not ready he's not learned a lesson he's not hit rock bottom to i have no idea what i want anymore. i so strongly want to believe this time he means it. trying so hard to for give him for cheating on me for the 2nd time. but when he makes the comment that i don't need to worry unless he drinks. just tells me he don't love me enought to stay faithful. and i sometimes believe that why he drinks so he can cheat with no guilt. his mom gives him money she not worried how he spends it, his dad offers him place to stay and all the beer he wants... i'm so confused right now knowing if he can't ride his ppl he may never stay sober... i can't afford to keep him up. nor do i want to stay stressed out wonder what he doing while i'm working... and i've stayed faithful but don't know why after all the pain he has caused. but i can't seem to just cut the tie. i truely love him but how do i know he means it this time? do i take the risk for one more shot sense he be on state probation. i know as long as he goes to meetings he can do it and as long he stays away from certain ppl he can make it. he such a good man sober but such a terrible man drunk. how do i know? i guess i really just need to get this off my chest to others who truley understand my pain. i've been to aa and it's amazing the similarty of these ppl and i try so hard to hand tight cause i love him. i truely want to see him make it and this is the last time.