Thread: i was arrested
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I have to say that it is comforting (that's not the right word but I really don't know which other word to use) to know that some of you have heard stories like this where the innocent person gets arrested. I am so ashamed and feel like I did do something wrong bc of what has happened and it is helpful to hear others speaking of situations like this. I would not wish this on anyone (okay, I might wish karma on AH and let him experience this but he's the only one) but it is somehow shame relieving a bit to know that there are others who faced this too.

By the time I was transported to the jail from the police station I'd been berated and shouted at for about 2.5 hrs by one of the officers. Each time another officer would come to the booking cell area he'd change his demeanor and then as soon as he was alone with me again he'd start in. My lawyer asked me if AH knew either of the officers who came to our house and i said I didn't know but it's a good theory that maybe one of them did know him and that explains some of the craziness that was directed at me?

I just can't believe that he harmed himself and that I was arrested for it. My lawyer told me I ought to have asked them to swab under our nails and it would've shown I didn't touch him but obviously if I'd been able to think that fast and that clearly I would have...

I think it's a wise idea that I have someone stay with me (or I stay with someone else). I am trying to keep things as "normal" as possible for the girls (who are a MESS) right now so I am at the house but I have not slept since getting home yesterday bc I am so afraid of him showing up. I think maybe I ought to just go stay elsewhere or as was suggested, have someone stay with me as a witness...