View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lizatola

I guess I should talk about his good qualities at some point. He is a great dad and just now I heard the two of them laughing hysterically together, like they always do. He gave me flowers and a card for St Patricks Day, he is making an effort to commit to our marriage again. Since I've know him he's been the biggest malcontent I've ever met, well except for his mother and brother(they're worse). He is on antidepressants now so his anxiety is so much better. He used to get so upset by the neighbor's landscapers that he'd go out and confront them and tell them to use a rake. He was so vindictive over his company's new compensation package that he smashed his company provided laptop on the ground numerous times, breaking it, and then lying to them and telling them that there's 'just something wrong with it'. Since the antidepressants, it's just his attitude towards others that grates on my nerves.

Anyway, I was just looking for some Al Anon strategies on how to handle someone who has a comment for everyone. He's not like that every day nor is he like this every minute so there is good there that balances the negative. I guess I'm just looking for ideas on how to handle that kind of stuff. When we're at home and he starts talking to the TV, I can leave the room and go do something else. When we're in the car or in public, it's much harder to get away. He's told me that he doesn't know why he does this stuff when I'm around, it's like he wants an audience or an accomplice to his attitudes.