Thread: so so sad
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 11:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
EnglishGarden

I'm so sorry you feel this way, Madison. I just cannot share your viewpoint. I have too much experience with addicts.

I believe he is manipulating you in the most insidious and cunning manner.

He is inflating himself by all that I'm-just-too-sensitive-a guy con.

He is blame-shifting, but not overtly. He is blaming you passive-aggressively by setting you up as the woman-who-cannot-trust-him and therefore the destroyer of relationship and love. (This is such bull**** and it is CLASSIC addict-speak).

What I believe he is REALLY SAYING is "You mess up my high. I want you out of my way. I am going to save face by pretending to be hurt and lost and make you responsible for my misery. I am going to save face by pretending to let you go for your own good. I am so good at this con, you are going to think it is ALL YOUR FAULT. Just the way I want it."

By "last december", you do mean 3 months ago since rehab?

And his old drug dealer is ringing him up lately?

He is such a magician.

My guess is he's out there doing his drug thing while you are curled in a fetal position in pain.

It's my guess because I have seen it happen so many times.

You have a daughter who needs you, Madison. She needs you. You are not present to her when you are obsessed with this man.

Please sit with a pen and paper and make your priority list. Write down your rock-solid values.

You and your daughter are a PACKAGE DEAL, Madison.

God forbid this man be given any responsibility for that package.

I'm sorry for my strong tone, if it stings. I feel protective toward you.

But only you can decide what you deserve from any man you allow into the precious and sacred private world of your child and you.

My advice is to straighten your shoulders and raise your standards.