View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magichappens
Dancing To My Own Beat

((TCB)) Alcoholism causes so much despair and chaos in families. Thank goodness the stick didn't hit your little girl!

Have you ever tried Al-anon? It really helped me when I was at a dead end with alcoholism. I had lost my own sense of worth and identity, and became completely focused on the worry, fear, and anger caused by alcoholism. I finally got up the courage to try Al-anon. I immediately felt that those people understood what I was going through. They didn't look at me like I was crazy for staying with an alcoholic. They didn't give me a bunch of B.S. advice. They just cared about me until I started caring about myself again.

I don't believe there is one right answer for everybody. I just try to share what worked for me. It has worked for a lot of scared lonely spouses, parents, and children of alcoholics. It has given me the strength to have a life, no matter if the alcoholic is doing ok or not. If you feel anything like I felt, you would probably try anything to feel better right about now. I encourage you to give it a try. If it doesn't work, you haven't lost anything. Good Luck! Magic

Welcome to Al-Anon Family Groups

P.S. If you decide not to try a meeting, you can always order some of the literature. I am pretty sure they will still send free pamphlets.