View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
pentuate

I guess my point is that he pieced it together into a somewhat unique creation so it is in a sense original by his hand. Many people have quit on their own and wrote books and methods. None of the ones I've read are quite like his. I quit something on my own and I did not have a beast or thought my habit was immoral etc. So, as a unique method with a specific structure, he did invent it right?

I could quite easily use AVRT to wall off the part of my thinking that is directed towards members of the same sex, but I see nothing wrong with it, so I don't.

This is the part that has me a little concerned. It's said that all thoughts etc that support the idea of drinking are the av of the "it" or "the beast" etc. But what if in reality they are not? What I mean is what if we are shutting off important parts of ourselves in the process of labeling all of this as beast and not engaging it? Should some urges be experienced in an integrated way instead of dismissed as not I? I don't know.

Some people might be ashamed of their sexuality, or in denial, feel it is evil etc even though it is who they are. They deny it, they hear religion protest it and are members etc. Now if that person used AVRT to "easily" change this, to wall it off, because they see something wrong with it, I'm not so sure that would be a healthy use of the method.