View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
pentuate

Originally Posted by Terminally Unique View Post
Jack Trimpey's political views are immaterial as far as AVRT itself is concerned, for the simple reason that he did not invent AVRT. It was taught to him by formerly addicted people. Choosing not to use AVRT on account of Trimpey is like choosing not to use Methadone simply because the Nazis discovered it. That said, pentuate, you are obviously fully in the grip of your Addictive Voice, and for your sake, I do hope you find your way, whatever that may be.

My understanding is that he put it together from working with people who quit on their own. It wasn't any one thing he was taught. It's not just political views that concerns me but also the seeing of them in terms of "the beast". That and saying things like people in AA are lowlifes which is so false that it's just hard to listen to anything else that he says.

But, I'm not saying I reject all of it, or even that I won't use some of it, just that I have some problems with it. And Methadone is a drug. AVRT is a method to quit addictions (I read in some forum that in some early talk he suggested its use for resolving being gay) that involves the convincing for the use of a technique or strategy that includes some psychological shifts and ideas. They are a little bit different I think.

To you it's all addictive voice. That's kind of extreme in my opinion. No offense!

I appreciate the well wishes and I wish you the same.