View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Hiding cookies, LOL?!

My AH stopped the booze(as far as I know) after he got his DUI a month ago. He is now putting packages of cookies in weird places. He's got a package of some mint chocolate things in his closet on the shelf and another package of vanilla cream cookies over when he keeps his asthma meds in the section of the cabinet where I keep meds, band aids, etc. OK, is this weird? He refers to them as 'my cookies' and yes, he offers them to us if he takes them out when we're around but I find it weird that he has special places for cookies. I don't even eat cookies anyway and our 13 year old is very respectful. If you tell him not to touch the cookies, he wouldn't.

He also seems to be going up and down lately with his mood. Of course, so do I. I have moments where I want to make the effort to forgive and move on and exemplify a changed heart and then I have moments where I get angry and frustrated and I fall back into negative thinking. Al Anon meetings have helped me greatly, though, and I'm so grateful for this message board, too!