Old 03-16-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I think one of the hardest things right now is just going through the acceptance phase again. Accepting the loss of a loved one in your everyday life, the loss of a connection, the loss of a friend. I'm sitting at work right now just wanting to cry. I hope I stay strong enough this time to just never speak to this person for a very long time, if ever. No contact starts again today!
Oh, how I feel for you. This is awful, and you're probably sitting with feelings that seem, at times, overpowering. And I'm sorry you're going through this. Are you in Al Anon or Nar Anon yet? If not, I suggest you consider going to a few meetings.

Two good books on BPD are Stop Walking on Eggshells and I Hate You Don't Leave Me. When I read those books, it completed what was a disjointed picture of my then AGF. After reading those books, the mystery was gone. It's difficult enough to deal with a loved one's addiction. When your loved one is Borderline on top of that, having a relationship with that person is virtually impossible.

All you can do now is protect yourself. The feelings, at times, will be overwhelming. But you're going to be OK. Now is the time to be compassionate towards yourself. Let God deal with your ex.

ZoSo