Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
blackandblue

I am taking the step to even admitting he is my ex. We have both been apprehensive to come to that conclusion and we have both held on. I have to make the decision now and then move on and continue the process of letting go. I guess the answers to my questions really don't matter. I know that I am putting myself in a situation to be treated poorly and to play the role of a codependent love addict. You are all right- it is more about behavior, including mine, and not the specific drug. There truly is no need to contact him or someone else about his possible relapse on heroin. He was still using other substances before so why would I think he is in recovery. The trust issues will always be there with him. I think I have a recipe for letting go in my hands and just am trying to put it all together. This is an intense process and I look forward to having more energy for me and other loved ones. I am so humbled by this process. Best to all of you in your recovery. Thank you everyone who posted.