Old 03-15-2012, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
gurlie214

Krystal,
Thank you thank you thank you. Your words are so comforting. First and foremost because it makes me not feel guilty for being nervous (when he's beside himself excited about coming home)! Communication was always such an effort in our marriage in the past. I know now that it is because he was hiding a dark secret the entire relationship (8 years). He used the whole time and I didn't know. I know! Ridiculous! But he has written novels pouring his heart out to me since checking in to this program. As beautiful as they are, I am still skeptical as he is away from home and probably very afraid and has no control. I love to receive and read them, don't get me wrong, just having a hard time believing. Trust is completely out the door and I don't know how or if or when it will ever return. Like you said, only time will tell. He is patient (sounding) and willing to do whatever it takes to prove himself to me and to work his own program diligently and consistently. I just don't know what to expect tomorrow. I am happy they allow this little "practice weekend" because it will be helpful when he is home for good, I would think? Heck, I don't even know what I think. The truth is I am on an emotional roller coaster and I don't know when I'm going to get off. You are right....one day at a time. But for right now, for me, it's more like one hour at a time. Ugh!!!! Thanks for your response. It means alot!