Old 03-13-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gurlie214

Hopeful, just wanted to let you know I am in the EXACT place you are right now. My husband confessed to a 7 year cocaine habit that I knew nothing about! Honestly. Had no earthly idea. Suffice it to say I am a bit naive about drugs as I have never used them. Anyway, like your husband, HE made the calls, HE found the inpatient program, and HE swears on his life he is done with this once and for all and hated living the secret dark life of a druggie. I am in a total fog. Up one minute, down the next. Terrified. Hopeful. Scared. BUT, I am working on my recovery right now because I quickly realized I am as sick as he is. I do not have the energy to police him when he comes back (3/23/12), and I will not do that. Period. I am taking a class on Boundaries based on the book by Cloud & Townsend (highly recommend it by the way). In addition, I attend meetings and I am working my own program. It's all I can do at this point. Only time will tell if he is serious about his recovery....that's the sad truth. But I can be serious about mine and that's what I choose to focus on right now because our children deserve at least ONE healthy parent and clearly, it's going to be me!