Old 03-12-2012, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopefulwife710

First Time Here-My Husband's in Rehab for Heroin

Hi everyone, I have been reading some posts for the past few weeks as a guest, and have finally gotten the courage to register and post. My husband is a heroin addict. He told me and his family two days before Christmas, stating he started abusing pain pills, and then began snorting heroin, but that he wanted help. I knew that he had been depressed due to job difficulties, but I honestly had no idea. Insurance wouldn't cover inpatient rehab, so he began attending an outpatient program. After two weeks, he relapsed and went on a huge binge, stealing about $3,000 from my bank account, selling possessions, and such. We found out a few weeks later and he confessed to everything, but that he really wanted to get better. On his own, he began calling different inpatient rehabs, seeing if there was a way he could get in, while going to AA meetings everyday with his sponsor. This past Thursday (3/8), he was admitted to a state facility where they have a sliding scale fee that he will be paying for himself. He's been clean since 2/11/12, making today Day 31. He will be getting out on 3/28 (the program is only 21 days long). I really want to believe that he can do this, stay sober, and be the wonderful husband that I know is in him, but I am just so scared. I'm not sure how to walk the line between offering support for his recovery and enabling him to relapse. I've been trying to read as much as I can about addiction and recovery to try to understand it all, but I am really just a big ball of mixed-up emotions.

Thanks for listening.