Old 03-12-2012, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suomikaarina

not sure what to say but i need to say something

I'm close to my breaking point. My mom is a bipolar addict with chronic pain. I still live at home and I'm trying so hard to break the codependency because it's keeping me sick. I've been anorexic for almost 13 years. I've been IP about 5 times and I was resi for three months a few years ago. Then I lost my insurance and haven't been able to get any medical or psych help since. I live in an area that only has a couple AA meetings, so I have no support groups local and applicable to me.

I really wish I could get my head straight long enough to move out. My mom and I are toxic for each other. Growing up with her was very hard and I'm ashamed to say I resent her for it and take it out on her too often.

There is a county mental health center that works on a sliding scale, but they never returned my calls so I finally gave up trying. I can't afford anything else because right now I'm just struggling to afford what little food I can make myself eat.

I'm not really sure what my point is. I guess I'm hoping an online support group is a good place to start. I see there's something here for everyone; there's a forum for depression, anxiety, ED, and friends and family, so I hope this can be a temporary substitute for the therapy I would be getting if I could afford it. Hopefully people here also have ideas about how to find help and medical treatment when you're uninsured because I feel like I've exhausted all options.

Thanks for listening. I don't mean to rant. I just don't know what else to do right now. I feel like I'm losing it