View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
eh1988

When I was living with my parents I told them about it... I was drinking for about a year at that time. They did possibly everything wrong.... My mom didn't understand it. She did daily searches of my room, car, everything. She took my wallet with all my ATM cards, took my car keys, didn't let me leave her sight for a second. My Dad even told her that she was being too aggressive with it. That I had the courage to tell them and therefore I must want to change but she didn't believe any of it. Anyway that lasted about a week, until I was do stressed out I ended up getting plastered daily. I ended up selling my car for a downpayment on a house and I moved out, that's when my drinking really got out of control. Moral of my story is that some parents, family, friends or significant others can really over do it and possibly cause someone to drink more. You're very lucky to have supportive and understanding parents. Don't feel too bad about wanting to sit in your room and watch tv, sooner or later you'll have enough energy to want to spend time with them.