Thread: Really Angry
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
KuanYin

Originally Posted by Virgo59 View Post
I don't really act out in anger - I just don't want to talk to him right now. I did, however, put money on the stupid phone account because I want to know what they're going to do with him this time. Such conflict. I've never felt this before - any time he's been arrested I've always been busy visiting the jail, contacting attorneys, looking for rehab programs - busy, busy, busy. While I'm comfortable with not doing all that this time - I wish I could say that I've detached with love - not with anger.

Maybe this anger is long overdue. Go ahead and allow yourself to feel it. It would be abnormal if we never felt angry. Personally I don't think there is "only one right way" when it comes to detaching. Just because you are angry with him, furious in fact, does not mean you don't love him underneath. If you needed anger to help you detach, then so be it, accept it as a gift. Your AS burned a lot of bridges this time when he was out, and imo, it's up to him to re-build his bridges, not up to you to build them back for him.

Just my 2 cents, but those calls from jail will serve to annoy you all the more. As long as you have the case number, you can call the Clerk of Court's office and ask for a status update on his case. Another jmo....they actually do have everything they need in jail (or prison). No one in there dies from "lack of" anything, to my knowledge. My AS ran that number on me more times than I can count, having me put money in his account for this and that, only for me to find out later how he'd bartered items from his commissary (phone calls, phone cards, stamps, candy, etc.) for...(screaming) JAILHOUSE TATTOOES!!!