View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mindfullysober

Here I go again...

Hi. I know that we can't ask for or give medical advice in this forum....but...was just wondering if anybody who has used medication to take away the desire to drink. I was sober for nearly three years.....after the loss of a family member, a geographical change, isolation and quitting AA.....I have found my way back to drinking. I feel so down, alone and not sure that I can get back on the sober road without extra help this time. Due to the financial disaster that us alcoholics often find ourselves I work long hours and now live in a area that has very few meetings. I don't want to wait for another rock bottom to give up.....and my desire to drink isn't allowing me to stop.....I am prepared to work a program again, but am worried that I don't have enough access to keep me sober. Is it silly for me to consider using medication to help with the desire alongside one meeting a week. Other meetings are about one and a half hours away....and... I just can't afford to get to them. I am finding it so much harder this time. I found it easier to give up drinking after 35 years then trying to give up this time after 6 months....Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.