Old 03-10-2012, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

Getting Real Or Letting Down Our Defenses

It isn't the easiest thing for this Alcoholic to let down his Defenses or his Guard. Getting Real is about the same thing. Most of us at least myself have been hurt so many times in the past, that we are not willing to take a Chance *No Pun Tended* to let down our guard for new relationships. I'm not talking about any sexual relationships, it is on the line of new Friendships.

We will come and go. Some we might speak to every year as before we may have shared our journeys together everyday. What brings this sort of distance between people. Most or some of us moved on to doing other things. Some of us might have chosen to take a different adventure after so many years of remaining in the same place. While others, they see no reason to move on as they are continuing to help others right where they are, and of course their calling of where they are at this moment hasn't been filled. While others that might have left and came back for one reason or another have returned to where they first started a trip.

It isn't hard to start new relationships, although it is fearful in a lot of ways. One of them being, are they going to accept me as I am? Does it really matter if I am accepted or not? Do I dare take a Chance and reach out when I know I am desperate state and be Real? Or is my Getting Real as I have always been (Or Tried to Be) drive them away? And what does it matter anyway? I mean, if I have to save my own ass and I don't know where to go or what to do, why not open up?

I am ALIVE!~~~ But is that really good enough?

Thanks for listening to me ramble.