View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Busy Living Life

Eight weeks ago, my addict/Borderline girlfriend dumped me via text and with a picture of her and the new guy, then confessed to cheating on me throughout our time together.

What do I have to say about it now?

"Thanks for letting me go."

Really. If I know her, she'd be furious if she knew that I was so much happier without her. She'd be indignant. I can honestly say I'm living the life I want to live, with the people that love me and care for me.

I get to travel on business again at the end of this month, and then I get to travel for a month in May. My band gets to play a show next month. These are things to look forward to.

There are new people coming onto the board every day. A lot of them are hurting. For those that are new, please read this carefully:

Yes, your hearts may be broken. You may feel hopeless. Please don't, for as long as there's air in your lungs, there is always hope. You just have to decide that you're worth it. You have to decide that you're going to recover. Read all the posts you can here. Attend Al Anon or Nar Anon meetings. Educate yourself. Be good to yourself. Pray, pray, pray. Accept you're going to have your share of bad days and feel lousy from time to time. Those are only feelings; they won't kill you. Learn how to detach with love from your qualifier, if you are able. If you're angry, that's OK, too; make your best effort to not act out when you are.

Part of my recovery was coming here. And while I'm not going to be here as often, those I've corresponded with and those who I've read but not corresponded with are always in my prayers at night.

I am happy. I am recovering. I am getting stronger. Wow...

ZoSo