Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Going to the A with your heart in your hands?

I have been thinking about how my own twisted thinking has contributed to the problems in our marriage. I would like to make amends to my AH and try to start mending fences but I don't know if he'll even respond positively based on where he is emotionally right now. I want to tell him that it hurts every time he tells me that he doesn't think I'm capable of ever trusting or forgiving him. I know it's not true but he sees his own truths and they aren't always right. He wants to believe what he believes but I'd like to start some positive steps so that I can show him that I still do love him despite the fact that I am still angry about the DUI and the stuff that preceded it. I know that actions speak louder than words and I've been trying to be kind but I feel like we're just roommates who are pleasant to each other, instead of a married couple who really need to work some things out and persevere if it's meant to be. Thoughts? I'm not trying to be codie here, I'm just trying to mend some fences and I'm not sure what the right step is. I know I need to work on myself but this roommate thing is getting pretty old, LOL.