View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
renegaderebel

Day 3 of New Job - Won't Go

My husband got a pretty good job and was very excited about it.. until he got there. Then he had to really work but he came home and after the weekend, was excited to return. He has made a consistent effort these past few weeks with putting his NA steps into action, seeking consults from other recovering addicts about his behavior, and so forth. But this morning, day 3 of new job, when I woke him up for us to get ready to go to work, he was too sore to go. He said he was bow legged from work the day before and could barely move. (He is a tree climber). He asked me to help him come up with a lie to call and tell his boss. He balked when I told him he should just call and tell his boss the truth and offer to come in late or to do ground work for a day so his legs can recover. He also refused to use the muscle rub cream, of course.

I left to go to work and at work, I noticed on Craigslist that the place where he works now is hiring for another tree climber. I decided not to tell him that as he needs to suffer his own crises. Of course when I was leaving my husband tried to make a joke saying he made more yesterday than what I make in two days. That's not true of course but regardless, I am making more today than he is. I am making 80x more than he is. Heh. :/