Thread: Here to learn
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 11:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
soberlicious

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Originally Posted by GirlFromCO
why can't you apply the same logic and once and for all decide that your relationship with alcohol is going to be healthy?
Alcohol effects the physiology of the brain. It changes the way it works. That's science, plain and simple.

It's just that the more I think about it, the more I can say with confidence that I could never act that way again. I feel like I have gained an awareness of right and wrong, and an appreciation of the beauty of life, and these things just aren't compatible with alcohol abuse
I feel the same way GFC. The only difference is that the beauty and freedom I have experienced is not compatible with alcohol use. Period.

Good grief, I feel like what I'm describing amounts to a sort of spiritual awakening, so maybe it doesn't even belong in this forum anymore. LOL! But maybe it is, I don't know.
LOL awakenings don't offend me, but I'm a Bob Marleyish "emancipate-yourself-from-mental-slavery" kinda girl...