Thread: Here to learn
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 09:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

If I'm committed to not drinking in the everlasting present moment , I wont be drinking for an exceeding long time.
Love it Zen—you seem to have found a wormhole through space and time that manages to bridge "ODAAT" and "never" in one fell swoop. Very cool.

GFCO, I'm really glad you're over here. I think this is a great discussion to have, and a great crowd with whom to be having it. You already know how I feel: You're my friend... but you're getting bamboozled by the voice of your addiction.

I guess I think that my problem with alcohol had more to do with depression and a host of anxieties I had.
Or put another way, now that you're not drinking, your depression has gotten better, and you're able to sort through the various issues in your life. Chicken, meet Egg. I believe you when you say you're not going to drink anytime soon. What worries me is that you'll waste a perfectly good recovery listening to that little voice telling you that you're missing out, and feeling shortchanged. That's no way to live.

I wouldn't behave the way I had in the past.
Any reason to believe that other than the little voice that tells you so?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot. I"m trying to draw out that little voice, so we can collectively slam it against the curb. That way you can completely relax and enjoy the full benefits of the enormous effort you've made to get this far.