Thread: What's my move?
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
kimslilypad

Originally Posted by lesliej View Post
he is sucking the life out of you. you do not need to be "strong enough" to deal with the neglectful destructive behavior with a relationship with an active addict, and it seems you are not strong enough in reading your description.

the fact that you are paying for all the necessities, rent, food, gas and bills...while he spends his money on drugs means that you are enabling his use by not letting him suffer consequences of his use. if he spends all of his money on drugs and does not pay rent or buy groceries or gas then unless he is being enabled he would be without food, transportation or a roof over HIS head.

this is not meant as anything harsh against you...
this is just a detached objective response to what I am reading in your post.

obviously all of us want our own roof, groceries and gas.
but you are also providing those for an active addict which is enabling.
I am thick-skinned so don't worry about being harsh. Straight-forward and objective is what I need so thank you. But what do I do here? Not pay the bills and hope/pray that he will? I guess if I am able to squirrel away my paycheck I would have money for a hotel when they turn everything off.

SO scary though. I fear pushing him into even heavier use by putting him in that situation. Or that he will drive off angry and get hurt or his usage will escalate and he will overdose. I guess that's the part where I have to man-up and pray I get the desired result?