View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
I'm curious,
Has he been saying these things in the last 10 days?

If so, I believe his is already drinking or has plans to drink and fears you finding out. He is not afraid of alcohol and it's consequences - he is afraid of your reaction.

It sounds like an alcoholic that wants to go back to the only comforter who truly understands him and accepts him just as he is: the bottle.

Is there anything you can do to change this? No. But you already knew that and stated that in your post. Good on you!

Sending you encouragement and support as you continue to work on your recovery during this time.
Well, he's always been self loathing and has told me that I should leave him, etc. The trust statement and the judging statement were new. Hence the reason that I feel that he may still drink again, if he hasn't already. He did also make a comment about how he'll NEVER be able to drink in front of me again, even though he swore the day before that he was done drinking FOREVER. He was already doing most of his drinking in secret, drinking after I went to bed and hiding in his closet. He'd take his empties to our neighborhood playground and throw them in with the juice boxes that the kids left there. Sad, really sad. He just was so ashamed and felt that I was over-reacting. Unfortunately, he now knows I was right which, I feel, will give him more incentive to drink again and keep hiding it. I hope and pray that I'm wrong, though.