View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KelleyF

Originally Posted by bluebelle View Post
Anybody who has a relationship with an IV drug user is at risk for Hep C. I would get yourself tested for it. Hep C lives on surfaces for a long time, and it doesn't take much blood to spread. From what I know, HIV is harder to get because it doesn't survive as long outside the body. I think the best thing is to let your doctor know about your partner/husband so that they can decide what you need to be tested for. That's the best thing to protect you and your family.

This subject is one that I have the most difficulty with because it terrifies me.
To date, I am so thankful that BF has had all negative tests.
Its been a year since he stopped shooting coke, but he has had so many tests; and each time it made me a nervous wreck waiting for the results.
He went through the standard ones antibody tests and was negative for HepC and HIV and all the others; but then further out he went through other test that are more in depth like PCR/DNA; just to be sure.... and then after all that ...when he had his one night relapse involving another woman; he cant remember, doesnt know the details.... so he has to do the tests sequence again. Idiot.