View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 06:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KelleyF

of God And Psychiatrist - Part II

So this will bring applause from many - looks like Im finally going to have my head examined !

Two months out, and I thought I had dealt with the trauma of walking in and finding my Bf after his OD. About a week ago I posted on the forum in relation to that.... how I had been triggered and these emotions just all came rushing at me.

After I posted & thought about it all; I felt a lot better. Thank you to everyone that replied; or even those that just listened.

I also decided to talk to my BF about how I was feeling. I was hesitant to do this because I really didnt want to upset him; not like there is anything he could do about it. But we have this honesty policy, so I opened up to him about it. After that discussion I felt a lot better too; so Im thinking Ive got it all in perspective now and it just needs some time to fade in my memory.

But then last week, after one of his regular sessions with the psychiatrist; BF tells me that he discussed some of this with the Dr. and he has now suggested that maybe it is time that we have a couples session. Ok so yes I see the logic in it; BF is going through a lot of stuff, and some of it has directly affected me, and some of it indirectly affects me.....so I know it is probably a good thing to do. But in all honesty, Im really rather afraid.

BF thinks it is a good idea; as he thinks it might help me. He says maybe I will find it so beneficial that I will want to have my own weekly appointment. (But to some degree this is sweet sarcasm on his part) And then he gives me the hook line, ' and it might help him too ' which he knows I wont ignore.

Honestly, once again I know he is freaking right, so I guess I will go ahead and tell him to set it up.

Was hoping some of you could tell me what to expect?

Im assuming the Dr has boundaries on what we discuss?

Is it normal to feel so anxious?

I have this fear of being hauled off by men in white coats; or possibly Dr, will convince BF that Im no good for him.

And I shared this thought with BF and he had a good laugh over it. He said that would be like bringing in a vial of coke and explaining to the drug that it was better off without him because he was whack. (Im still tossing that comparison around in my mind). Then someone said well, maybe he will convice you that BF is no good for you ! But then they added it would probably take shock therapy for that to occur... (which I think was a joke; although Im sure many of you agree).