View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
KuanYin

I think the roller coaster ride has just begun. Simply sit back and wait, see what he does. My AS is 26. Typically all sorts of unexpected emergencies will arise, emergencies that of course necessitate money. All legitamite, of course, lol! ER visits, dentist, prescription, groceries, owes rent/electricity/water deposit, flat tire, stranded on side of road battery dead, no food in the house and need groceries..... the list is endless. And even if you give them a 'gift card' or 'grocery card' , those are traded for drugs, just like food stamps/EBT cards are traded for drugs, 50 cents on the dollar. So if he has $200 worth of food stamp benefits, he can trade that for $100 worth of drugs. Buying him clothes? Those can be returned for money, used for drugs. It really sucks learning this the hard way, but I did. Educate yourself and maybe you will suffer less that I did.

Sorry, I'm in a down mood tonight. Just got an email from AS, saying he doesn't have a ride to the methadone clinic tomorrow morning (Sat.) and I'm feeling, well, oh so guilty I could scream. Yes, he goes to the clinic, and still uses. I feel like I should be with him while he is still alive and support his "effort" (if it could be called that) towards recovery by going to the methadone clinic, but at the same time I know, know, know, that the real story is that he wants me to pay for his clinic, and I refuse to be pulled into that again. He always comes up with $$$ for w/e else he gets, but then tries to rope me in to paying for some of his clinic fees. Sorry for the rant.

BTW, my response to his email is going to be no response. I may not sleep a wink all night, but so be it.